Saturday, April 11, 2009
Ratan Tata declared the Most Powerful CEO in India
The Economic Times Corporate Dossier' India Inc's Most Powerful CEOs were selected in a survey conducted by IMRB Interneational. All through 2008-09, the dramatic story of the Nano captured the public imagination and Ratan Tata, the driving force behind the little car NANO, demonstrated tremendous fortitude through all the trials and travails he faced. Power is not just about controlling assets or generating profits—it's about inspiring positive change. In this note, Ratan Tata deservedly ascends to the top spot in the power rankings this year, displacing Mukesh Ambani of Reliance Industries, who is now in the second position.
The list of Top Powerful CEOs includes
1. Ratan Tata, Chairman of Tata Group
2. Mukesh Ambani, Chairman of Reliance Industries
3. Infosys Technologies founder-chairman N.R. Narayana Murthy
4. Anil Ambani
5. ICICI Bank CEO and managing director K.V. Kamath
6. Vijay Mallya
7. Deepak Parekh, Chairman of India's largest mortgage lender HDFC
The CEO of TCS, S. Ramadorai is in 21st spot.