Monday, March 16, 2009

Dying Jade Goody's last wishes


British reality TV star Jade Goody has signed off to the public with an emotional interview with the press.
Goody, 27, the terminally ill former U.K. Big Brother contestant whose very public life and declining health have become an obsession with the British public, spoke recently about her hopes for her two young sons when she is no longer there for them. "I have always believed in God and heaven, and I want my boys to know that when I do go, I am safe and looking over them," Goody said. Goody's sons don't yet realize the full ramifications of the cervical cancer that has spread to her liver, bowel and groin. "I'm not sure they know what dying means, and in a way I don't want them to know the full ins and outs," she said in the interview, billed as her last. "I will be the brightest star in the sky for them, always looking over them and protecting them," she said.
She is trying to use some of the publicity to highlight a campaign backed by the U.K. cervical cancer charity called "Jo's Trust" to lower the age at which young women can get testing to help detect the disease. Already, charities and doctors are reporting a massive increase in those seeking information.
She told the press that she wants to be known as "the one who irritated and entertained people in equal measure and the girl who put up a fight and would never let herself get beaten down."

No comments:

Post a Comment